- Features advanced technologies including 3D and 360-degree surround view, trailer guidance, mutli-terrain view, and see-through hood
- Available in the North American market
- Offers best-in-class image quality
AURORA, Ontario, May 04, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Magna’s advanced driver assist systems (ADAS) are helping pave the way for global automakers to enhance safety, comfort and convenience. The company’s next generation cameras and electronic control units which enable the benefits of 3D and surround view have recently launched on the all-new 2022 Toyota Tundra.
The vehicle is fitted with Magna’s complete surround view system including five cameras and an advanced electronic control unit to provide a high-resolution view around the vehicle and assist the driver in various situations. Data is fused from the cameras and the system can render a seamlessly stitched, ‘fly-around’ 3D image of the vehicle and its environment upon startup. This feature gives the driver a holistic view of the surroundings and greater reassurance when maneuvering the vehicle.
Magna’s advanced trailer assist and off-road functions have also launched for the first time as part of the system, including:
- Trailer Guidance, a semi-automated function that helps a driver back a trailer into its desired location, which is particularly useful when backing into tight spaces.
- An automatic, one-time calibration of the trailer hitch to help simplify setup and allow for quicker swapping between various trailers.
- Multi-terrain view that allows drivers to customize their view between bird’s eye, front, side and rear – enhancing visibility from different angles.
- A unique “see-through hood” feature that enables drivers to see under the front hood of the vehicle – supporting them in off-road conditions and helping to avoid rocks or other obstacles while offroad.
“We’re proud to be launching one of our most advanced vision systems that provides truck and trailer consumers with enhanced levels of comfort, safety and peace of mind,” said Sharath Reddy, Magna Electronics Senior Vice President. “Trailering can be a challenging task and with this intuitive system, consumers can feel safer and more confident in maneuvering the vehicle, whatever they’re hauling.”
Magna provides ADAS solutions to automakers around the world, using a suite of radar, lidar, camera and domain controllers that serve as the building blocks for future autonomy.
Surround View System, Trailering, Software, ADAS, driver-assistance systems
Louis Tonelli, Vice-President, Investor Relations
[email protected], 905-726-7035
Tracy Fuerst, Vice President, Corporate Communications & PR
[email protected], 248-761-7004
Magna is more than one of the world’s largest suppliers in the automotive space. We are a mobility technology company with a global, entrepreneurial-minded team of 161,000 employees and an organizational structure designed to innovate like a startup. With 60+ years of expertise, and a systems approach to design, engineering and manufacturing that touches nearly every aspect of the vehicle, we are positioned to support advancing mobility in a transforming industry. Our global network includes 340 manufacturing operations and 89 product development, engineering and sales centres spanning 28 countries.
For further information about Magna [(NYSE:MGA; TSX:MG)], please visit www.magna.com or follow us on Twitter @MagnaInt.
THIS RELEASE MAY CONTAIN STATEMENTS WHICH CONSTITUTE “FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS” UNDER APPLICABLE SECURITIES LEGISLATION AND ARE SUBJECT TO, AND EXPRESSLY QUALIFIED BY, THE CAUTIONARY DISCLAIMERS THAT ARE SET OUT IN MAGNA’S REGULATORY FILINGS. PLEASE REFER TO MAGNA’S MOST CURRENT MANAGEMENT’S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS OF RESULTS OF OPERATIONS AND FINANCIAL POSITION, ANNUAL INFORMATION FORM AND ANNUAL REPORT ON FORM 40-F, AS REPLACED OR UPDATED BY ANY OF MAGNA’S SUBSEQUENT REGULATORY FILINGS, WHICH SET OUT THE CAUTIONARY DISCLAIMERS, INCLUDING THE RISK FACTORS THAT COULD CAUSE ACTUAL EVENTS TO DIFFER MATERIALLY FROM THOSE INDICATED BY SUCH FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS. THESE DOCUMENTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW ON MAGNA’S WEBSITE AT WWW.MAGNA.COM.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/9e2fe6ff-16d3-40b7-8074-f41c89c1d010