VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Sept. 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — ELSE NUTRITION HOLDINGS INC. (BABY.V) (BABYF) (0YL.F) (“Else” or the “Company”) the Plant-Based baby, toddler and children nutrition company has identified Pediatricians as a key partner in working with parents to provide better nutrition for their kids.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, there are 67,000 Pediatricians in the United States, and several thousand in Canada, caring for over ~17 million infants and toddlers. This equates to every Pediatrician impacting over 200 kids per year! These clinicians are experts in assessing the health and development of their patients, and in providing meaningful advice to parents, especially when it comes to feeding their child. Data shows that nearly 9 out of 10 parents consult their Pediatricians for a specific recommendation related to nutritional products for their children. These parents are seeking expert advice on what they should and should not be feeding their children for optimal growth, development, and health.
With that in mind, and also recognizing that the majority of physicians receive minimal training on nutrition during Medical School and Residency, there is an opportunity to support their continuing nutrition medical education post graduation. Market research among Pediatricians has identified that there are many misconceptions regarding the benefits of plant-based nutrition for toddlers and children, leading to an opportunity to help educate this directly.
Else Nutrition is committed to creating education programs which will demonstrate that plant-based nutrition can deliver the same nutritional benefits for healthy growth and development as dairy-based alternatives. These programs will serve as a significant importance when Else Nutrition launches the first non-dairy, non-soy plant-based infant formula.
Several key initiatives have recently been launched to the Healthcare Community in the US, including:
- Website – New website at hcp.elsenutrition.com allows Pediatricians to easily get the answers to their questions, order product samples and access the full library of professional resources for all Else products.
- Digital Outreach – A variety of outreach programs including email, social, and digital programs are being leveraged to share news, invite participation, and create awareness.
- Parent Sampling – Parents are starting to consult Pediatricians about plant-based options and Else Nutrition specifically, so we have created patient materials and sample kits for doctors to hand out to parents as they discuss nutritional options.
- Conferences – Half of all Pediatricians attend at least 1 conference per year, where they learn about new brands, innovations, and data to help support them. Else will be there as well to share new data and patient programs for Pediatricians to take back to their practice.
- Clinical Studies – Else has already initiated a significant clinical research program, with over 30 centers, using Else products among the intended patient population.
This is just the start, Else is committed to developing other programs that will help Healthcare Professionals and parents to make the right choice about plant-based formulas and supplements for their children. Some of these key programs include:
- Continuing Medical Education – Required annually for all healthcare professionals, Else will look to provide resources to these professional to learn more about whole food plant-based nutrition and receive the credit required to maintain their licenses.
- Speaker Programs – Else continues to work with world-renowned Pediatricians to support development of these programs so other Pediatricians can learn from a well-respected physician regarding the science of Else products.
- Association Partnerships – Most Pediatricians are part of one or more medical associations, and Else will partner with these organizations to publish information and help educate their clinician members.
- Innovative Programs – We continue to explore a variety of new ways to interact with and educate Pediatricians, which has been shown to be critically important during COVID.
About Else Nutrition Holdings Inc.
Else Nutrition GH Ltd. is an Israel-based food and nutrition company focused on developing innovative, clean and plant-based food and nutrition products for infants, toddlers, children, and adults. Its revolutionary, plant-based, non-soy, formula is a clean-ingredient alternative to dairy-based formula. Else Nutrition (formerly INDI) won the “2017 Best Health and Diet Solutions” award at the Global Food Innovation Summit in Milan. Else Plant-Based Complete Nutrition for Toddlers was recently ranked as the #1 Top seller in the baby and toddler formula category on Amazon. The holding company, Else Nutrition Holdings Inc., is a publicly traded company, listed as TSX Venture Exchange under the trading symbol BABY and is quoted on the US OTC Markets QX board under the trading symbol BABYF and on the Frankfurt Exchange under the symbol 0YL. Else’s Executives include leaders hailing from leading infant nutrition companies. Many of Else advisory board members had past executive roles in companies such as Mead Johnson, Abbott Nutrition, Plum Organics and leading infant nutrition Societies, and some of them currently serve in different roles in leading medical centers and academic institutes such as Boston Children’s Hospital, Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School, USA, Tel Aviv University, Schneider Children’s Medical Center of Israel, Rambam Medical Center and Technion, Israel and University Hospital Brussels, Belgium.
If you would like further information on Else™ Kids or Else™ Toddler, please visit our new dedicated HCP website (hcp.elsenutrition.com), or call our dedicated health care professional help-line at (877) ELSE-HCP / (877) 3573-427 with any questions or requests.
For more information, contact:
Mrs. Hamutal Yitzhak, CEO, Co-Founder & Director
ELSE Nutrition Holdings Inc.
E: [email protected]
Mr. Sokhie Puar, Director of Else Nutrition
E: [email protected]
TSX Venture Exchange
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its regulation services provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Caution Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains statements that may constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of applicable securities legislation. Forward-looking statements are typically identified by words such as “will” or similar expressions. Forward-looking statements in this press release include statements with respect to the anticipated dates for filing the Company’s financial disclosure documents. Such forward-looking statements reflect current estimates, beliefs and assumptions, which are based on management’s perception of current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors management believes are appropriate in the circumstances. No assurance can be given that the foregoing will prove to be correct. Forward-looking statements made in this press release assume, among others, the expectation that there will be no interruptions or supply chain failures as a result of COVID 19 and that the manufacturing, broker and supply logistic agreement with the Company do not terminate. Actual results may differ from the estimates, beliefs and assumptions expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which reflect management’s expectations only as of the date of this press release. The Company disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/9c5d70b6-0dc4-48a9-a47b-7f2512eb3563